- All documents can be submitted electronically or, if original signatures are required, by post.
- Please visit our FAQs for all frequently asked questions.
- If you do not find the answer to your question in our FAQs, you will receive an individual consultation during telephone consultation hours.
- We regret that due to the large number of applications submitted, the processing time may be longer at present.
- For information about Covid-19 in connection with your doctoral studies please refer to our FAQs.
Please check our answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQs).
The Munich Medical Research School (MMRS) is the faculty’s administrative umbrella structure spanning all doctoral degrees available at the LMU Munich’s Medical Faculty. The following degrees can be conferred by the faculty:
- Doctoral degree in human medicine (Dr. med.)
- Doctoral degree in dental medicine (Dr. med. dent.)
- Doctoral degree in human biology (Dr. rer. biol. hum.)
- Doctoral degree in the life sciences (Dr. rer. nat.)
- Ph.D. in Medical Research (only after successful application, registrations without prior successful application will be deleted without delay)
The MMRS online portal maps the entire doctoral cycle for each degree – from the registration of your doctoral project and the evaluation of your submitted thesis, to the handing over of your doctoral degree and certificate upon successful completion of your oral defence.
In order to carry out a doctoral degree at the Medical Faculty, you first need to register your doctoral project within the first three months after beginning your work. Please create an account and submit the relevant information. Please take care to keep your personal information updated at all times.
After successful creation of your account, you can register for the desired degree and submit information on your qualifying degree, your doctoral project and your supervisor(s). Candidates with an international qualifying degree will automatically submit their documents for an eligibility check, when registering their doctoral project.
Upon successful submission of the required data, your supervision agreement will be available for download. Only once you have submitted the signed supervision agreement, your doctoral project will be officially registered with the faculty. Should you require a letter of acceptance (“Promotionsberechtigung”) for enrolment as a doctoral student at the LMU, this will also be available for download, once all your information has been submitted and verified.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the MMRS Office or the respective person for the doctoral degree you are pursuing: